Caring For Your Candle
Follow these helpful tips & tricks to get the very best from your candle.
- TRIM YOUR WICK! Keeping your wick trimmed to 5mm long at all times will help limit sooting and mushrooming. Wick Trimmers are ideal for clean cut.
- MASTER THE FIRST BURN. When you first light your new candle, allow the wax pool to cover the entire surface of the candle before extinguishing. This will ensure an even burn and prevent tunnelling.
- THE 3 HOUR RULE. Avoid burning your candle for longer than 3 hours in a single sitting. Allow to cool for at least 2 hours before relighting.
- REPOSITIONING THE WICK. Always ensure your wick is centred in the wax and not drifting to one side. Wick Holders are ideal for repositioning tilting wicks and avoiding contact with hot wax.
- SAFE STORAGE. Store your candle in a cool, dry place when not in use. Direct sunlight and high temperatures can cause candles to melt and discolour.
- THE END. When less than 1.5cm of wax remains, it's time to extinguish the flame for good.
- Never leave your burning candle unattended.
- Don't place you burning candle near anything potentially flammable, such as clothing, curtains or paper.
- Keep your candle out of reach of children and animals.
- Place candles on heat resistant surfaces while in use.
- Extinguish your candle if the flame begins to tilt towards the glass.
- Do not light your candle if the glass if cracked, chipped or damaged in any way.